We use stackup analysis to:
- Ensure proper fit.
- Ensure functional requirements are met.
- Minimize tolerance stack-up.
- Maximize production tolerances.
- Justify all drawing tolerances.
We use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to describe each part's form, orientation, and location in a three-dimensional tolerance zone. The 3D data can be analyzed mathematically using the Vector Method to account for variations in form and orientation as well as size.
We will prepare vector diagrams and spreadsheets that contain and explain the analysis.
We will use one of the following standards:
- ASME Y14.5M-1994 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- ASME Y14.5-2009 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.